Sunday, December 20, 2009

Special Guest Gave Me His Top 10 of 2009

I was talking with a music savvy 40 something (not for much longer) today, whose opinions on music I value highly. CDs line the walls of his house and he is always blog surfing. He introduced me to my favorite artist, The Avett Brothers (I just can't keep them out of a post can I?), The Decemberists, and The Drive-By Truckers. And today he gave me a list his favorite albums of the year. I haven't heard most of these, I do own two, and one makes an appearance on my top 25 list. So here it goes...
(drumroll, please?)
10. Lee Fields & The Expressions - My World
9.Ian Hunter - Man Overboard
8. Reigning Sound - Love & Curses
7. Dinosaur Jr. - Farm
6.Lucero - 1372 Overton Park
5.Chuck Prophet - Let Freedom Ring
4. Drive By Truckers - The Fine Print
3. Roman Candle - Oh Tall Tree in the Ear
2.Todd Snider - The Excitement Plan
1. Bloodkin - Baby, They Told Us We Would Rise Again

No comments:

Post a Comment