Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Theophilus London I Want You Mixtape

unique mixtape by even more unique rapper



Let me start out by saying: This is not your typical Hip-Hop mixtape. -WARNING: DO NOT EXPECT VENT-LIKE VERSES OR HEAD RUSHING BASS LINES. DON'T EXPECT R&B EITHER- Theophilus London is one of the most pretentious rappers out there right now. He looksThe first thing you might notice, is it starts off with "I Want You," a Marvin Gaye cover. Then there are songs where he raps over the always charming "Giving Up The Gun" by Vampire Weekend on "Give It Up Dad." He also samples a song on "Pyromiltia," but I just can't figure out who it is, I recognize it and it's on the tip of my tongue. Ra Ra Riot I believe.. There is a remix of Elie Goulding's "Starry Eyed." But this mixtape is full of 80's poppy synthesized beats and African drums beats and sounds. London isn't your average rapper either. He can break it down and sing a little as well as spit some very fresh, immaculate verses. an acquired taste may be needed for this one, but it is something that you may want to branch out and try.
[DOWNLOAD] Follow to sendspace address.
Like it? Try This Charming Mixtape [DOWNLOAD] Follow To Mediafire
Like that? Try His First Tape JAM! [DOWNLOAD] Follow To Mega Upload

No comments:

Post a Comment