Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Album From Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band

My 2009 favorites are becoming Sophomores 



This is a release that I am getting quite excited for! Granted, I just found out today, but Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band's first self-titled album was a brilliant 2009 release. A stellar debut that I enjoy multiple times a week.

Where The Messengers Meet will be released on August 3rd via Dead Oceans. Check out the first single below.

They list Modest Mouse and Arcade Fire as influences. I would agree with these wholeheartedly with those, though they aren't completely on point they are a good starting sketch. The raging guitars, thumping basslines, ranging vocals, and pounding drums make a sound all their own; a triumphant, quality, easy-to-love sound.

Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band - Leaving Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment