Sunday, January 09, 2011

[YTE YEAR END] SLEPT ON | American Aquarium

__________________________________________________________________________________
4 FREE TACKS FROM SMALL TOWN HYMNS
__________________________________________________________________________________
It's always disheartening to come across an album that is more than deserving to be in your top 35 albums of the year, even more so when it is top 10 material. That's what happened when my Dad pointed me towards American Aquarium's May, 2010 release, Small Town Hymns. What's even worse is that the band is right under my nose. This Raleigh alt-country band brought a whole lot of heart [whether broken or full], talent, whiskey, and Cowboy with them on this album. Luckily I was able to squeeze "Take It Easy On This Heart of Mine" onto the year end songs list, but that is just a taste of what the band brings to the table on this album. I highly recommend you check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment