Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Drums Debut On The Way

The Drums seeks the light of day

Last year The Drums captured my affection with their hit song "Let's Go Surfing." Their garage/surf sound teleports you straight to that final bell on the last day of school and dazed summer days spent on the beach. Of course there is the always compared to, Morrissey, a Brit-pop feel that they bring to their music. These guys recently released a single "Best Friend," a less than stellar follow up to their 2009 EP Summertime. Fortunately they have announced their debut LP. The self titled album is slated for a July 7th release. I wish bands would stop copping out and using their name as their first album's title, it's boring. This is possibly the album art. It's what I found over at Play.com where you can pre-order the disc.

Tracklist + mp3's after jump

Tracklisting for The Drums:

Best Friend
Me and the Moon
Lets Go Surfing

Book Of Stories
Skippin' Town
Forever and Ever Amen
Down By The Water
It Will All End In Tears
We Tried
I Need Fun In My Life
I'll Never Drop My Sword
The Future

No comments:

Post a Comment