Thursday, October 21, 2010

4 New Songs From Cymbals Eat Guitars

*That is not me with the overgrown curly hair, however you'd do a double take if you saw me on the street if you just saw this picture*


Not only did I see Lonnie Walker and Futurebirds last week, I saw Cymbals Eat Guitars and The Thermals @ Kings in Raleigh Saturday the 16th. It was another impressive show. Me and some friends caught 2/3 of the Cymbals Eat Guitars set which was sounded great and featured some new material. The two bands are currently on tour through the end of the month. After Cymbals Eat Guitars get off the grid they plan to start work on a new album! Hell yeah! I slept on their 2009 album Why There Are Mountains, an unfortunate error on my part, which surely would have altered my top 25 albums list. The group recorded four new tracks for BBC radio a while back and have them for download on their website. Whether or not, they'll be on the upcoming album is yet to be seen but they are a good set of tracks that have the band's hazy-distorted side and their indie-rocking side. Have a listen below.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Wavelengths
Cymbals Eat Guitars - Plainclothes
Cymbals Eat Guitars - Tunguska
Cymbals Eat Guitars - Definite Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment